Electrical Equipment Recycling
When broken, obsolete or unwanted electrical equipment is disposed of in landfills, many problems can arise such as serious health effects on the human and animal population (due to heavy metal accumulation), groundwater toxicity (due to plastics leaching into soil) and increasing use of raw materials such as ore and oil to produce new electrical products. Improper electrical equipment disposal is one of the fastest growing waste streams in Canada, with millions of tons of electrical equipment ending up in landfills on an annual basis. Our organization is focused on offering electrical equipment recycling services in order to combat these issues. By dismantling electrical equipment we are able to decontaminate and sort components in a way that maximizes value for our clients and the environment. Aevitas specializes in the dismantling of the following electrical equipment for recycling:
- Oil filled transformers
- Substations, electrical bushings & capacitors, cables etc.
- Industrial power generating equipment
- Lamps & bulbs (mercury-bearing and non mercury-bearing)
- Mercury containing switches, circuit breakers, switch boards
- Monitoring & control instruments
- Telecommunications equipment
- Electrical & electronic tools
- Batteries (back-up & stand-by systems, alkaline, nickel, UPS, lithium, car, cadmium, lead acid, laptop, mercury, rechargeable, silver oxide, lithium ion, single use etc.)
- E-waste (desktop & laptop computers, monitors, keyboards, servers, routers, switches, modems, telephones, answering machines, televisons, printers, photocopiers, fax machines etc.)
- And much more
Our company will safely collect, transport and recycle your electrical equipment and help your company play its part in protecting the environment and public health. We are proud of our ability to recycle just about any of your company's unwanted electrical waste. We provide the most dependable electrical equipment recycling solutions, so why settle for less? Help reduce your environmental footprint by contacting our recycling professionals to arrange for our electrical equipment recycling services, or to inquire about our other environmental services.